Signature Door Inc. warrants its products (finished or unfinished) sold under this warranty to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for one year from the date of purchase from the manufacturer or factory authorized distributor. Products containing insulated glasslights are warranted against glass seal failure for 10 years. This warranty takes precedence over all other warranties, expressed or implied.
This warranty is extended only to the original purchaser/consumer who does not purchase for resale or for use in the ordinary course of their business operations (IE: display purposes).
Products that are delivered unfinished from Signature Door Inc. must be properly sealed to prevent absorption of moisture. All sides recommended to be finished evenly within 72 hours of receipt and must be kept in a climate-controlled environment beforehand. Notice: ALL doors, even when factory pre-finished, must be maintained on a constant basis. Maintenance frequency depends on the amount of weather exposure the finish receives.
This warranty does not cover damage caused by others or by a cause beyond Signature Door’s control, including but not limited to: damages caused by misuse, abuse, accident, or mishandling; or damages caused by acts of God, fire, flood, earthquake, or other storms. Misuse of a door includes, but is not limited to, hanging a door without providing adequate overhang or applying an inappropriate finish.
An overhang is required to retain this warranty. The protective overhang must be equal to, or greater than, the distance from the bottom of the sill to the base of the overhang. See figure 1.
In order to reduce the chance of warping or checking, dark-colored finishes should be avoided on all surfaces, especially on light-colored wood species, or if the door is exposed to direct sunlight.
This warranty does not cover any defects caused by:
- Product failure due to improper or incorrect installation; This includes bow or misalignment in the frame in which door is hung, if the door was purchased as a slab only.
- Modification, alterations (including trimming and cutting down door), repair or service of this product by anyone other than the manufacturer or without their consent.
- Any use of the product other than for which it was intended.
- Door warpage (whether cup, bow or twist) unless it exceeds the following dimensions.
» 1/4″ in doors up to a 4/0 nominal width and a 6/8 nominal height
» 3/8″ in doors up to a 4/0 nominal width and a 8/0 nominal height
- Warping of doors in excess of a 6/8 nominal height without a multipoint locking system installed by Signature Door Inc. Though not always detrimental to the structural integrity of a door unit, pressure at a singular point (EG: cylindrical or mortise locks installed at a 35 1/4″ latch height) is known to cause bowing on doors in excess of a 6/8 nominal height.
- Doors in excess of 48″ in width or 120″ in height.
- Door designs that include possible problematic details as warned against by an SDI Sales Associate prior to purchase (EG: plank doors with planks in excess of 5-6″; stile/rail components in excess of 9″, uncomplimentary slab thickness on certain size doors, etc.)
- Products installed in or subject to high moisture or high humidity environments, including new homes with uncured plaster, drywall, concrete or ceramic tile.
- Products installed in direct sunlight (see above overhang requirements).
- Products subjected to unusual stress or strain such as that resulting from the movement or expansion/contraction of building or building components.
- Products not properly sealed or maintained as set forth above.
- Scratches, abrasions, or other damage caused by improper handling or cleaning.
- Failure to perform normal homeowner’s maintenance, including maintaining the finish top coat. Please see Signature Door “Maintenance Information” for guidance.
- Panel movement (contraction/expansion) of 1/8″ or less. Temperature and humidity levels are known to cause wood panels to contract or expand within the opening (particularly solid wood panels).
- Solid wood panels wider than 14″ measured across the grain (IE: horizontal [x] dimension on a vertical [y] grain panel).
- Issues caused by extreme temperature build-up where a storm door is utilized. Storm doors are recommended to also include an interchangeable screen to allow for appropriate ventilation.
Variations in the wood color, texture, pattern and/or grain are considered characteristics of the wood and are not considered defects.
If a product becomes defective within the specified warranty period, Signature Door Inc. will repair or replace, at our discretion, any part(s) that appear to be defective in material or workmanship. The problem should be reported to the original place of purchase, along with the original purchase information. Signature Door Inc. will refund the purchaser the purchase price if the defects in the products are ones covered by this warranty and Signature Door Inc. is unable, by repair or replacement, to make the product perform properly. Signature Door Inc. is not liable for any installation, removal, or shipping charges in connection with the inspection, repair, or replacement of defective parts.